7.15.2010

Less than two months?

Alright, so I called up STA Travel today to book my flight... and I'm leaving on September 13! So that means less than two months. Seems like the perfect amount of time (or too short, or too long, depending on my mood). I got a flight out of Cincinnati for about $100 (I had a $300 STA Travel credit), so I'm not exactly breaking the bank by flying over there.

In the next two months, I'm going to have to excavate myself out of my apartment (which I've lived in for three years) and somehow move everything to my parents' house. It's amazing how much CRAP I've accumulated.

It's going to be easy to get rid of stuff. I did a little warmup yesterday by cleaning out both of my e-mail inboxes (osu.edu and gmail.com). I haven't felt any post-partum depression yet, so I guess it won't be a big deal to get rid of a few pairs of jeans or plates that I've held on to for my entire college career.

Only working two or three days a week is kind of a bummer... summer is a little boring with nothing to do. Not many people stayed in Columbus, either, so it's a little slow here. July has been flying by, with 4th of July activities and the trip to Chicago to apply for my Visa. Now, it seems like I've pumped the brakes... and I'm trying to find things to do.

One of my biggest time-wasters has been finding a streaming video site to watch TV shows on while I'm abroad. Since the government shut down ninjavideo.net, I've been trying to find one that will reliably post episodes of [I started to type a list of the shows I watch, but it was too depressing]. As it turns out, I'll be working 12-16 hours a week for the language assistant program, and probably spending 6-8 catching up on TV. It bums me out that Weeds starts on August 16... I'll be able to catch 4 episodes MAX before I leave. And I'll probably miss the season finale of True Blood. I'm a sucker for premium cable.

1 comment:

  1. www.sidereel.com . saves your life when you get done teaching little shitheads and want to disconnect. not unlike what i'm doing now...

    ReplyDelete