9.17.2010

The One With the Spanish Keyboard

Oh, Spanish language keyboards. How I haven´t missed you. The awkward apostrophes, the "Alt Gr" button to get @ and #...ugh.

My hostel has an internet connection that is similar to the dial-up that I had in 1996, so I found an internet café to try to check my email.

Madrid is just how I remember it. I´m actually shocked that I can recall a lot of the geography of the city, and I´m becoming very familiar with my neighborhood. All of this should change tomorrow, because I am taking a look at the piso (apartment/flat) that I really want then... then I´ll have a new neighborhood to become familiar with.

Living in a foreign city is already different than visiting a foreign city. There´s not much pressure to do so much... and this is making feel weird sitting in my hostel. I feel like my sloth is met with stares of "why is that guy still in bed?"... but that´s okay. I´m not a tourist, I´m a madrileño.

Although I´m not a tourist, I´ve done my fair share of touristy things. I went to Toledo, checked out some stuff there, and realized that I hate the calles that go up at a 45 degree angle. I went two days ago, and my calves are still screaming.

I also went to the Museo del Prado today... and it´s still as boring as it was last summer. Luckily, I was with some teaching assistants (including my co-worker, McKinzie) who were just as bored with it as I was.

My internet café time is almost up, so I´m going to run. Hasta luego!

1 comment:

  1. Pretty much! but it was great to meet you in person. We're going to have a good year NOT being bored at school. -McKinzie

    ReplyDelete