9.21.2010

Piso Success

Tengo mucha suerte. While some language assistants have looked at over 15 pisos, I decided to move into the very first one that I found! It costs 430 Euro a month, but all utilities are included (wifi, cable, electricity, gas, water...). Pretty nice! My room is large, although my bed is small... I'm making it work. I have a desk, an easy chair, and 2 wardrobes as well.

My roommates, Tina and Will (I know, I know) are great, and we've already had family trips to the grocery store, Spanish IKEA (not much different than any American IKEA), and last night, we cooked a huge dinner with parmesan tortellini, tomato sauce with jamón (ham) and carrots, bread, salad, and wine. And it all cost less than 10 Euro for the three of us! We even had leftovers.

Today, I plan to go to El Corte Inglés to buy a fan, an alarm clock, and some groceries that we forgot to buy yesterday. Tomorrow, I have a meeting around noon at my school with all of the teachers in the bilingual program! I'm excited to get a schedule and be able to see if I can get some private English classes going. The going rate around here is about 25 Euro/hour, so that's not too shabby! That will give me some extra money to travel.

I'd better get going. I need to stop getting my day started during the siesta (which I have yet to observe). I also have a lot of American TV to catch up on... after all, this is season premiere week (that should be a national holiday)!

3 comments:

  1. heeey congratulations on the piso!! I went to one piso, loved it and am moving in too!! Except not until October 1st. Good luck getting private classes and everything!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ahhh! THIS thursday night is like all the great shows! I keep seeing all these ads for them(30 rock AND the office in one night!) and I'm like... hulu doesn't work outside of America...SHIT.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You check out Boardwalk Empire? Looks insane.

    The apartment looks really nice. I associate being in Spain with a lack of ability to keep things cold or to heat them up. Thanks to the fund and hostels, Spaniards don't have modern appliances in my mind. Thats awesome/lucky you got settled so quick. You're making it look tempting already. Making me want to apply. You gotta find some insane hookah bars there in Madrid man.

    Have fun at the school, can't wait to hear how that goes.

    ReplyDelete